How to migrate Atlassian crowd from one server to another server with Ad authentication

Ankush Borse September 11, 2018
Hi Team,
I am very new to crowd and I need to migrate crowd from one server to another server. So, can someone help me with details steps.
Currently installed crowd use accepts credentials from our Active Directory server. Also, After migrating crowd to another server, I am going to use this new crowd server as Directory server for authentication of confluence/wiki.

Regards,
AB

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018
Ankush Borse September 12, 2018

Hi Team, 

After migrating crowd to new server, I am not able to login with credentials mention in crowd properties of crowd-home directory.

While logging to crowd console I am getting below error:

Connection to authentication server failed. Please review logs for more information.

Regards, 

AB 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2018

That suggests you've not hooked up the AD correctly to the new server so it can't check the password.  The Crowd logs should tell you more about that.

Ankush Borse September 16, 2018

Hi, 

I have added new user in old crowd servers internal directory and I am able to login with that user into old crowd. 

After that I take export of mysql database from old crowd and import it to new crowd setup.

But still I am not able to login via that newly created user. 

It giving me error like.. remote authentication failed..

Can you please help  me here on priority. Now I totally stuck.

Regards, 

AB 

Approver1 June 6, 2020

Hi did u find out the solution. I'm getting same problem. Can you please let me know, how to resolve the issue. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2020

You'll need to read the logs to find out what the underlying problem is.

"remote authentication failed" really does mean what it says though - you've got invalid credentials for logging into AD, or the AD server is configured to reject requests from your crowd server.

Approver1 June 6, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Created user in local. I'm trying to login through local user. But I'm unable to login.

How to setup a request to accept from crowd server to AD.

how can I check the AD configuration without login to crowd. Is there any way to check in Database?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2020

No, the problem is not going to be recorded in the database or even application logs because it's not a problem on the Crowd side.

If Crowd is giving you the "remote authentication failed", then the problem is that your credentials for AD are incorrect, invalid or blocked on the AD side.

You need to ask AD why it is not letting you connect with this account.

Approver1 June 6, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

AD connections are successfully configured in old server. 

Export the xml backup from old crowd server and  import in new server.

Then how to check the AD connections in new server because even I'm unable to login. Without login how to check.

Shall AD team is configured/map the new crowd server IP Address to AD?? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2020

You wil need to get the AD service to tell you what the problem is. 

Approver1 June 8, 2020

It is working

I added new server IP Address in remote session then it's worked.

Thank Q

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events