It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to effectively deactivate a Jira user with automation ?

I'm trying to deactivate some selected users but for an unknown reason that does not work.

I used the update SQL request I found here : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Bulk-User-Deactivation-in-Jira/qaq-p/313925

When I check the DB, active flag is set to 0.

# select user_name, display_name, active from cwd_user where user_name = 'test@external.com';
user_name | display_name | active
-------------------+--------------+--------
test@external.com | prenom nom | 0

But in the user management console, user is still active (not striked through) as shown in screenshot. 

activeuser.PNG

What do I have to do to get my users really deactivated ?

Thanks,

Eddy

1 answer

One possibility, Hibernate caches data so that row is likely cached in Jira.  Restarting Jira would flush it.

Thanks Kenny for your quick answer. Unfortunately, I can't restart Jira for now, I have some users playing with it :)

I'll see if your suggestion is the right one the next time I'll restart it.

Eddy

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Upcoming Enterprise releases targeting Q3 2019: Jira Software 8.5 & Jira Service Desk 4.5

Since launching the Jira Software 8.0 and Jira Service Desk 4.0 platform releases in February, many of you have been asking when the next Enterprise release will be so you can take advantage of the m...

253 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you