It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to effectively deactivate a Jira user with automation ?

I'm trying to deactivate some selected users but for an unknown reason that does not work.

I used the update SQL request I found here : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Bulk-User-Deactivation-in-Jira/qaq-p/313925

When I check the DB, active flag is set to 0.

# select user_name, display_name, active from cwd_user where user_name = 'test@external.com';
user_name | display_name | active
-------------------+--------------+--------
test@external.com | prenom nom | 0

But in the user management console, user is still active (not striked through) as shown in screenshot. 

activeuser.PNG

What do I have to do to get my users really deactivated ?

Thanks,

Eddy

1 answer

One possibility, Hibernate caches data so that row is likely cached in Jira.  Restarting Jira would flush it.

Thanks Kenny for your quick answer. Unfortunately, I can't restart Jira for now, I have some users playing with it :)

I'll see if your suggestion is the right one the next time I'll restart it.

Eddy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

The Jira Server Mobile App is here!

Hey Community! My name is James and I am a product manager on the Server Mobile team. I am excited to announce the new Jira Server Mobile apps for both iPhone and Android are now available. This is...

40 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you