How to add a disclaimer note on Crowd password reset page?

Deleted user November 23, 2020

When doing a password reset on the Crowd password reset page, there is no mail with reset link sent:

-No mail sent if username has trailing blanks like "SAMPLEUSER "
-Email is sent if username is the only thing in the input box "SAMPLEUSER"

Either fix this and remove the blanks (leading/trailing), or we need to write a reminder on the page so user know this.

Problem can easily be invoked if user takes user name from an email by copy-paste. 

To make it easier for the user, we are looking to customize the reset password page in Crowd by adding a disclaimer note on it.

Please help us.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi Krishna,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Many years back it was said here in Community that the page can be adjusted by editing the file

<crowd-installation>/crowd-webapp/console/forgottenlogindetails.jsp

Please kindly check if this is still possible. Please make sure to take a backup beforehand if you really want to adjust the page.
I cannot say if it comes with some side effects - also the hint is quite old.
If it still works you can post a "disclaimer note" there.

Regards,
Daniel

Deleted user December 9, 2020

Hello Daniel, 

Thanks for your response.

We are unable to find out the path

<crowd-installation>/crowd-webapp/console/forgottenlogindetails.jsp

As currently we are using Crowd version 4.2.1, could you please suggest based up on this version, where to add exactly.

Kindly provide the path based up on our current version.

Thank you.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

No, unfortunately not. Back on Nov 24th I shared what I found out in Community but I currently have no Crowd installation.

I would not say that the file on the version you mentioned is necessarily still there - probably something has changed over the year.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events