Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Token in Confluence synchronized User Directory with Crowd Server

TruongNN5 March 1, 2018

In the my confluence have connected with Crowd server  to synchronized User Directory, so i can use user was created from Crowd to login into confluence. 

I know The Crowd REST API can get Token by username and password, but i don't known get the token in Confluence when login. Because, I want use the token to authentication for the application embedded Confluence by Macro.

Please help me.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi @TruongNN5,

It seems that you have a custom Confluence macro, probably provided by your plugin, that is pulling some data from external application. Since you have your Confluence connected to Crowd you would like to have your external application connected to Crowd as well so once users enter Confluence page they would be authenticated to the external app as well through Crowd SSO and would be able to access data in macro from that app. Is that a fair understanding of your problem?

If this is the case and you would like to be able to rely on Crowd SSO then all of your applications needs to be in the same domain as this mechanism relies on the HTTP cookies. Here is Crowd SSO overview documentation, the guide about integrating custom application with Crowd is here. The REST documentation for Crowd SSO may be found here.

There also might be other approach to authenticate users with your external application using Application Links. You may find more about it here. If you would like use that in your plugin, here is developers docs for Jira, but this should be fairly similar in Confluence.

Hope that helps!

Marcin Kempa

0 votes
James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi Truong,

Are you talking about the JSESSIONID or if you're using Crowd then the crowd.token_key?

If you're using curl, you can run it with --cookie-jar filename.txt and save the cookies in a local file.

Usually REST calls use Basic Auth.

If you're taking about the XSRF check value you can also use -H 'X-Atlassian-Token: no-check' On the command line.

Hope this gives you some pointers.

Thanks,
James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events