How does Crowd count its licensed users ?

Hi all,

We have a problem with our crowd instance, as it thinks we have more than 50 current users.

Can I see how Crowd does its counting ?

We must have a configuration issue as the end users are way below 50.

We configured 5 applications, all directories are set not to allow authentication.

Then we configured special groups for each app, but the users in the end are more or less the same.

I just recalculate and I found 26 users + 1 from the crowd internal directory + a couple of empty groups...

How can I troubeshoot this issue ?

Thank you.

Julien.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for all your comments.

I eventually found my error. We have two LDAP servers configured for the same directory, but we usually only use the groups from one.
For the latest application I added, I used the other one... and so it was counting the users twice.

Regards.

Taking directly from Crowd's license doc page, it should be the total number of users that can log into each of the integrated applications. Are you counting per application?

For each applications we have almost the same end users. So it can't be more than max 30. Unless some users are counted multiple times. But then it would be way more than 53..

I forgot to write our Crowd version is 2.4.2

Might want to check out JRA-26520

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,462 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you