Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you move a single user from one Crowd directory to another?

I have an install of Crowd 2.2.2 with two user directories. For this exercise let's call the directories OSI and GCI. I have a single user who is a member of the GCI directory. I need to move him to the OSI directory. Migrating all users from GCI into OSI is fairly simple but I can't find a way to move a single user from one to the other. So far my best idea is to export all GCI users to a CSV file, eliminate all but the single user I need and import the file. That seems a bit roundabout and likely to have unintended (bad) consequences. Is there a better way?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

You could do this in the database

Basically the 3 tables you'll need to look at are cwd_user, cwd_group and cwd_membership

The easiest part is changing the user, you would simply change the directory_id field for that particular user in cwd_user

However, you also need to update that user's membership details which will involved making sure corresponding groups exist in the cwd_group table and updating the membership table to point to the new cwd_group id's and directory_id

Take a look at the schema, it's pretty easy to navigate

Score! That was it. Thanks, Colin.

This change needs to be restart JIRA is there a way to avoid that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

292 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you