How do I store custom attributes to a user in RemoteDirectory in Crowd?

Rizwan Basha May 25, 2017

I have implemented RemoteDirectory interface in Crowd to create a custom directory.  I need certain attributes of users from our custom directory to be moved to Crowd as well so that certain customizations can be done in Confluence and JIRA based on the custom attributes.  

There is a interface method findUserWithAttributesByName() which returns UserWithAttributes object.  I tried returning attributes from this method, and it did not help.

In this context, I do not understand from the documentation what is storeUserAttributes() method used for.  Is there any way I can use storeUserAttributes() method to save custom user attributes in Crowd?

Thanks!

-Rizwan

1 answer

0 votes
Rizwan Basha May 26, 2017

I found the solution to this issue, but with another following problem:

I had to get my custom attributes and populates them in attributes of the type Map<String, Set<String>> in UserWithAttributes object and return this object from the RemoteDirectory interface method findUserWithAttributesByName().  

By doing so, I got my custom attributes from my custom directory into Crowd.  However, I see that these custom attributes are not being synchronized into JIRA and Confluence.  

There is also a reported bug about this here: CROWD - JIRA integration does not synchronize custom user attributes...  This bug has been reported in April 2011.

What use are the attributes of, if they are not available to work with in Atlassian applications such as Jira and Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events