Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove users from a Delegated Directory?

Ian Underwood March 29, 2020

I use Crowd for permission control on my Atlassian suite.  I have an internal directory for this purpose, and then I have a link to AD for a delegated authentication directory.

The problem I have is that users have tried to log into our suite without having an account to grant them permissions on the internal directory, and it has automatically created an account in the delegated directory.  This has pushed me above the available license allowance, so I had to apply a new eval license in order to keep operating.

I have since found how to turn off auto-user creation, but how do I remove users from this delegated directory's cache?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Underwood April 16, 2020

The extra users in the delegated directory need to be deleted.  The User ID is in the cwd_user table, and will only have a single user entry to the delegated directory.

Get your directory list:

select id,directory_name,directory_type from cwd_directory;

Then get your user ID list.

select id,lower_user_name,directory_id from cwd_user order by lower_user_name;

Remove the user attributes, then the user that is only has one entry in the delegated directory.  In this case, one of mine in the directory was 2392106:

crowddb=> delete from cwd_user_attribute where user_id = 2392106;
DELETE 5
crowddb=> delete from cwd_user where id = 2392106;
DELETE 1
crowddb=>

Then from Settings -> Licensing, recalculate the user total.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Hi, 

As I understood user attributes is extra to remove. Did you meet with problem after ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events