Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an email Attribute to a second user account in Crowd which doesn't contain one?

CostaM April 24, 2020

As administrators we are required to use an Elevated account, whereby we obtain a password from a vault to log into Crowd. However the elevated account that we use does not show the email address when creating that user in Crowd and as such we do not receive email notifications when tasks in Jira have comments added or are transitioned through a workflow. I was told I could use some Attributes to populate the email address, but this doesn't work either. I've used the 'otherMails' and the'mails' attribute but am still unable to receive email notifications.
thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

Hi @CostaM 

Why doesn't the elevated account have an email address?

You mentioned the 'otherMails' attribute which is not a Crowd attribute but an Azure AD one so my assumption is that you connected Crowd to Azure AD and that the elevated account is actually an Azure AD account. That would explain why your elevated account does not have an email address. As a matter of fact only Azure AD users with an Exchange Online mailbox have a 'mail' attribute (which is mapped to the 'email' attribute in Crowd).

If my assumption above is true then you should create the elevated account in a Crowd internal directory, not in Azure AD. The elevated account would actually have an email address because it is a mandatory attribute for users in Crowd internal directories.

CostaM April 27, 2020

Hi @Bruno Vincent 

thanks very much for your reply, I will take this back to the team and see if we can apply it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events