How do I add an AD group that has a comma in the name to Global Permissions in Crucible/Fisheye 4.3?

Abel Duran March 14, 2018

I am using Crowd for authentication in conjunction with Crucible. Here is an example of an AD group name: dl-TEST-NAME, PROJECT.  Crowd passes the group because I can see it in the drop down list; however, when I select it from the list, it splits the name at the comma.  I then receive an error message: Cannot add dl-TEST-NAME "," PROJECT.  I have tried adding a \ in front of the comma, but it doesn't allow me to click the add button because it doesn't find it in the list.  I hope this makes sense.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-abel duran

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Hi @Abel Duran,

We've been able to reproduce the issue that you've reported and we've created a corresponding issue for our development team to track:

FE-7063 - Global Permission fails to be set to group name containing comma

We would strongly encourage you to both vote and comment on this issue to offer your feedback and increase its visibility with our development team.

Please see the Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy document for more information on how we approach bug fixing.

For now, the only thing that can be done is not to use characters such as comma in group names.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events