Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with creating a proper password policy for Crowd users

Christian Palacios May 27, 2019

Hi there,

We want all of our users to to be forced to change their password and with that, we also want to implement a password policy.  We understand that we can set up a regular expression so that the passwords meet certain criteria, but we want help on how to do that properly.  If this is possible, then we can send over the requirements we need.

Thanks,

-Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hi Christina,

The password complexity enforcement is something that can be configured in regards to an internal user directory within Crowd.  This is mentioned in Configuring an Internal Directory.  This feature has been available since Crowd 2.5.2.

However this functionality does not yet extend itself to user accounts that come from LDAP connected directories.  There is a feature request for those other account types in CWD-2304.  I'm not sure if your user accounts are all in internal user directories to Crowd or if perhaps some of these are coming from a syncing LDAP directory.

With that stated, I'd be happy to try to help you craft a regex statement if I can know more about your requirements here.  One of my favorite tools for determining if the regex I use works as expected is to use the site https://regexr.com/

It allows you to enter in all kinds of text below your expression and you can very clearly see which entries match your query because they get highlighted on the fly.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events