Getting special "system" user fields from Crowd (updated date, created date, etc.) via REST API

I can use special "system" user fields, such as "Updated Data" and "Created Date", when constructing REST-based searches via the Crowd Query Language (e.g. get a list of users who were updated after July). However, I cannot seem to find a way to simply get these raw values for any specific user via the REST api.

The REST user resoruce offers a way to get most user fields with a request like:

GET /user?username=USERNAME&expand=attributes

But nowhere in the results that come back can I find values for "Updated Data" and "Created Date" or anything like that. I'm know it's possible to get these values via direct SQL-based queires on the Crowd database, but we are specifically looking for a "portable" way to get this info via web services.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Ryan,

Indeed this information is only available into the database. I took the liberty of creating this improvement request to include this information into Crowd UI and via Rest API in a future release.

Cheers

Excellent, thanks for for that clarificationa and for the improvemetn request. I think this would be a very handy feature addition.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,557 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you