Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting proxy error while users are trying to login into Atlassian applications

Janaki.R March 23, 2022

Hi Team,

We are using crowd for user authentication and we have configured some directories with in the crowd in that one of the directory synchronization is getting failed sometimes and crowd application is showing proxy error and in the logs we find that connection is getting aborted and the directory skipping the user authentication.

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

I'm afraid there's not a lot we can help you with here.  If there are intermittent proxy errors between your Atlassian applications and the Crowd serving their user directories, you'll need to fix the network or the proxy that's not allowing the connection.

0 votes
Roman Kovalov May 20, 2022

Hey, @Janaki.R 

I can confirm, that if you are using connector or delegated type of directory and if your directory is offline or have some connection issues, you can't login to your application.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 15.21.01.png

According to this specification, looks like this logic is works properly. Because crowd doesn't store users credentials for connector/delegated directories, it is stored in your directory where crowd is trying to find user credentials for each authentication.

I can recommend you to fix connection issues to your directory or to use internal type of directory. More information you can find here.

0 votes
Roman Kovalov May 10, 2022

Hey, Janaki_R !

What type of directory type do you use?

I can confirm, that if your directory is offline, crowd cannot authenticate user from this directory to application, if you are using connector or delegated type of directory.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 15.21.01.png

According to this specification, looks like this logic is works properly.Because crowd doesn't store user credentials for connector/delegated directories, it is stored in your directory, where crowd is trying to find user credentials.

From my side I can advice you to fix connection with your directory or try to use internal type of directory.

More information you can find here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/managing-directories-193037.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/adding-a-directory-18579549.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events