Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye/Crucible users can't login

Magnum Demo January 23, 2018

We have installed Crowd, JIRA and FishEye/Crucible recently, users are managed in Crowd.

All the apps working fine till yesterday, users (even admin) are not able to login to Fisheye/Crucible today.

These are the changes I made before it happened:
- added app link in JIRA + Fe/Cr (was not working properly, due some authentication error)
- installed 2 add-ons into JIRA (and got new licences)

Since then no one can login to Fe/Cr ("Password incorrect or unknown user"), despite the fact in Crowd I tried the Authentication Test for Fisheye and that test was succesful.

Is there any way to get a detailed errror information about the failed logins?

Any idea would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi @Magnum Demo,

Assuming that Fisheye / Crucible are connected directly to Crowd, the actions you've made should not have caused this kind of issue.

I would suggest checking Fisheye / Crucible logs + Crowd logs as well. If nothing changed in Fe/Cr <-> Crowd configuration this might also indicate some network issues? Is there a network route from Fe/Cr host to Crowd host?

Also I do not know what your setup is, but maybe you still have the internal directory in Fe/Cr so you could try to use an admin user from that directory (the username should be unique and should not be in Crowd directory) and login to Fe/Cr to check the configuration?

Hope that helps

Marcin Kempa

Magnum Demo January 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all app using Crowd to manage users.

I think this one is not a network problem, all the servers are on the same machine, Jira+Crowd is working fine and the Fe/Cr login page is working too.

Where can I find the mentioned logs?

There is an internal admin in Fe/Cr, same problem, also unable login using that account.

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Here is the documentation for Fe/Cr mentioning default folder structure, where you can find logs.

For Crowd, logs can be found here.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Magnum Demo January 24, 2018

here are the FishEye log files, please have a look, we dont know what to look for.

magnumit.hu/fisheye/atlassian-fisheye-2018-01-24.log

magnumit.hu/fisheye/atlassian-fisheyectl-2018-01-22.log

magnumit.hu/fisheye/fisheye.out

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

Hi @Magnum Demo

I think that we might open a support case for you, so we might make this conversation private so we can discuss the details of your deployment there.

Later on we will share the outcomes here on community, so if there are others struggling with similar issue, they may use the solution.

At the moment what I see from those logs, it seems that your Fe/Cr instance is able to synchronize changes from Crowd, however there is are no errors that happened at the time you specified, that would indicate the auth problems.

I assume that all of your users in Crowd are in groups that are allowed to authenticate to Fe/Cr (like fisheye-users, crucible-users). This had to be the case as you've mentioned that users are managed in Crowd and previously they could access Fe/Cr, just double checking.

One thing that comes to my mind at the moment, can you try to navigate to

{fisheye.baseurl}/admin/admin.do

http://localhost:8060/admin/admin.do?

and then provide the admin password specified at installation time? Once you login, you may check the configuration there.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

@Magnum Demo please expect an email from our support portal regarding the ticket mentioned by Marcin. I opened it for the Fisheye support team since you mentioned even the internal admin cannot log in. If they decide it's a Crowd issue they can definitely move it to the Crowd support team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events