File can't be found for importing users

Deleted user May 24, 2020

Dear Crowd community, 

Would greatly appreciate your kind advise on how to resolve below error message:

The file "C:\Users\MyName\Documents\User File.csv" cannot be found or read.

The file has been saved with different names, as .csv , the path is exact, 

How can I find out which naming convention does the Atlasian server accept? 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

The file name looks fine to me.

I would check the file permissions and ownership - as it seems to be in your documents directory on the server, it may be that the user crowd is running as has no access to that directory.

So should I find the user that Crowd is using and allow it on my machine?

Or is my user not allowed to upload to crowd?

How do I find the name of Crowd user to allow it in my folder?

Thanks in advance. 

can I save the file on the Crowd server instead somehow?

Thanks so much for your kind help 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

Ah, I see, you've missed the part about the import file having to be on the server where the Crowd service can read it.

I can't help you get the file to the server, I don't know what file transfer or share systems might be enabled on it. 

And is it possible to use 'Import From Directory' instead?

If I use import from one directory to another  ('Blue Pages' to 'Jira-Wiki' for ex.), 

Will I be able to set the which group in the origin directory to import from? or is it general?

I don't want to just click 'continue' in case that will import all users w/o an option to define subgroups, and approving initiation.

importet.PNGThanks again, 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2020

Yes, you can import from other user directories.  (If you're doing that though, then I'm not sure why you were using csv initially).

That import is everything though, not limited.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events