Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Crowd SSO

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2017

Currenly we have Crowd in use with SSO enabled

We want to enable SSO with another third-party SSO provider while still managing groups and users in Crowd

This for: Hipchat, Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, Crowd, Fisheye/ Crucible

Is is possible to write 1 custom plugin on Crowd? Or do we have to extend the Seraph Authenticator for JIRA, Confluenc and Bamboo as the other tools do not use Seraph and do more custom development for the other tools?

2 answers

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hello Charlie!

We have many customers using netscaler successfully with our add-on Kantega Single Sign-on 

The add-on extends Kerberos and SAML in combination or separately. 

If you have any questions we are happy to answer your questions. 

sso@kantega.no

Cheers,

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hi Charlie,

Custom authenticators are actually the recommended way by Atlassian for applications using Seraph. Atlassian also recommends SAML for SSO on Hipchat. For other applications, you will actually need third-party plugins or custom development (like servlet filters).

Depending on your third-party SSO provider, there might be other options though. May I ask you what your third-party SSO provider is?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2017

Hi Bruno. Thanks for your answer.

We're looking at Netscaler integration

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2017

You're welcome. I'm not familiar with Netscaler but it sounds to me like a typical reverse proxy architecture. So your users will authenticate on the gateway that will then insert some user identity in the HTTP headers of the requests that will be forwarded to your final applications. Thus, I still think custom authenticators are the way to go (you will need to extract the user identity from the HTTP headers of the incoming requests).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events