Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions when installing Crowd

H-H October 2, 2017

Hi there,

would be happy if anyone can give me a hint here: Gettiung error message that crowd install failed during startup.

Screenshot (22).pngScreenshot (23).png

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @H-H

Looks like Crowd had some problems with creating 'cwd_cluster_job'. Are you using supported database?

If you could post all the logs it would be easier for us to diagnose the underlying problem.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

H-H October 2, 2017

Hi Marcin

Thanks for your answer. Attached you will find the link to the full atlassian install log file.

Thanks for any ideas that might help.

H-H October 2, 2017

I installed it on DEB 9 with MariaDB Server 10.1. Should be pretty much standard I would assume (Apache 2.4)

F

H-H October 2, 2017

Hi Marcin

found the problem. The collation within the database (

character set utf8 collate utf8_bin;

) was wrong. Now I was able to install. No problems. 

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @H-H

Unfortunately, MariaDB is not a supported platform for Crowd at the moment.

There is an open feature request for supporting this type of database here: here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-3584. If you are interested in this feature, please watch and vote for this ticket. Customer feedback helps us to shape Crowd future roadmaps.

Is there any particular reason you could not use any of the databases listed in Crowd documentation?

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events