Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing project

jackchan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2018

Encounter an issue with error output:

com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Error while importing backup: not null property references a null or transient value: com.atlassian.crowd.model.user.InternalUserAttribute.user

2 answers

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Hi, Jackchan.

Since the error that you shared is related to Confluence, I went ahead and added a Confluence tag to this question for clarity. I hope you are fine with that.

Meanwhile, the error shown during the import indicates that the property user is missing from the class InternalUserAttribute within the package com.atlassian.crowd.model.user. 

In the XML backup, I noticed that there are a few XML backup that does not contain the user property. An example of a broken class:

<object class="InternalUserAttribute" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.user">
<id name="id">10977281</id>
<property name="directory" class="DirectoryImpl" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.directory"><id name="id">294914</id>
</property>
<property name="name"><![CDATA[invalidPasswordAttempts]]></property>
<property name="value"><![CDATA[14]]></property>
<property name="lowerValue"><![CDATA[14]]></property>
</object>

On the other hand, an example with the user property will look like this:

<id name="id">9011201</id>
<property name="user" class="InternalUser" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.user"><id name="id">426023</id>
</property>
<property name="directory" class="DirectoryImpl" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.directory"><id name="id">294914</id>
</property>
<property name="value"><![CDATA[4]]></property>
<property name="lowerValue"><![CDATA[4]]></property>
</object>

Notice the absence of user in the first example.

Moving forward, can you go through the entities.xml file to locate the missing attribute and remove the whole object class for each bad entry and try to import again?

<object class="InternalUserAttribute" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.user">... 
</object>

Let me know it goes on your end. Thanks.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Hi, Jackchan.

Since the error that you shared is related to Confluence, I went ahead and added a Confluence tag to this question for clarity. I hope you are fine with that.

Meanwhile, the error shown during the import indicates that the property user is missing from the class InternalUserAttribute within the package com.atlassian.crowd.model.user. 

In the XML backup, I noticed that there are a few XML backup that does not contain the user property. An example of a broken class:

<id name="id">10977281</id>
</property>
<property name="value"><![CDATA[14]]></property>
<property name="lowerValue"><![CDATA[14]]></property>
</object>

On the other hand, an example with the user property will look like this:

<id name="id">9011201</id>
<property name="user" class="InternalUser" package="com.atlassian.crowd.model.user"><id name="id">426023</id>
</property>
</property>
<property name="value"><![CDATA[4]]></property>
<property name="lowerValue"><![CDATA[4]]></property>
</object>

Notice the absence of user in the first example.

Moving forward, can you go through the entities.xml file to locate the missing attribute and remove the whole object class for each bad entry and try to import again?

until
</object>

Let me know it goes on your end. Thanks.

Eugene D Bethel September 11, 2019

Is this te ONLY resolution there is?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events