Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

CrowdID inaccessible

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating using Atlassian products for my projects. I installed Crowd today and got everything, but CrowdID to work. Following the guide here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Removing+the+'crowd'+Context+from+the+Application+URL) to remove the context path from my installation. I doubt this is relevant, but I also set up a reverse proxy using nginx for more convenient access. I'm now wondering how to access the CrowdID web interface. I guess I would either have to remove the context path and rewrite the URLs using nginx or set up another connector in Tomcat. Is there a way around this? In case setting up another connector in Tomcat is in option, what exactly would I have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Tobias,

Can you access it from ?

http://localhost:8095/openidserver/

Hey, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately no. Accessing the page from localhost still returns the Tomcat 404 page.

Hi Tobias,

Are you accessing regularly from localhost or a machinename or proxy address? What is the URL you're currently using to access crowd?

Ultimately, you've changed the way crowd is accessed by removing the context, but you should still be able to set up another context resource that allows you to access the other areas of crowd.

If you add another 'context' resource in the crowd's server.xml pointing to the appropriate docbase, the /openidserver/ should resolve properly. You'll need to ensure that the nginx proxy is proxying properly to point those requests to the appropriate connector.

Hey, I'm currently running Crowd (and the other products aswell) on a dedicated server. Hence I'm accessing them through crowd.example.com, stash.example.com, ... This is why I preferred to have a reverse proxy, those port numbers look ugly ;) I will try to setup another connector later today. Thank you for your reply.

I totally understand that - entering ports is horrible for users. I pose this question to you though, how many users are actually logging into crowd? Should be very few (only your crowd admins). Crowd isn't an end user application :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

181 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you