Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd with Azure Active Directory and Guest Users

Darryn Capes-Davis June 16, 2018

Hi,

I have Crowd running with Azure Active Directory. We have a small number of organisation accounts (our Exec team) and they can authenticate fine. However, the guests accounts (our members) can't login via Crowd. 

A guest account can login fine to Office 365 groups so that is all fine. The guest users all appear in Office 365 Admin console and Azure AD.

In the Crowd application I use the Test authentication. If I use the Guest foreign user id (email address) it complains that the user is not know, which I understand is the case.

Capture.PNG

When I use the local user id, I don't get the 'does not exist' error but I still get 'Invalid Verification'.

Capture.PNG

Is this meant to work? If I can get the local ID to work then I can manage that (I am updating an old Joomla Crowd plugin and will handle the foreign to local user id translation on the Joomla side. [And yes, ODCC has a nifty script but as an NFP we are using zero cost solutions here].

Thanks

Darryn

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2018

Hi @Darryn Capes-Davis

Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the ODCC plugin you mentioned in your post.

Crowd's native Azure AD connector relies upon the ADAL4J library which - as of today - does not support the authentication of external guest users (i.e. not belonging to Azure AD tenants).

On the contrary, the ODCC plugin does not use ADAL4J and hence does support external guest users authentication (and you're right, in that case you can either use the userPrincipalName or the email address as the user's login name).

Darryn Capes-Davis June 17, 2018

Thanks @Bruno Vincent. I will get in contact with you regarding ODCC.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events