cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd temporarily unavailable status

Jon Broker April 20, 2018

Hello,

We're receiving a message in the crowd.log
http-nio-8095-exec-X INFO [atlassian.johnson.filters.Jonson503Filter] The application is unavailable, or there are errors. Returning a temporarily unavailable status.

Any idea where to start on this issue? We're unable to log into any Atlassian products.

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

We are using CrowdID to log into our Atlassian products. 

From the webpage we're also seeing a bootstrap error:

Fatal, Crowd has encountered errors while upgrading. Please resolve these errors and restart Crowd.

An error occurred when querying the database <ERROR: relation "REMOTEGROUP" does not exist Position: 26 Location: File: src\backend\parser\parse_relation.c, Routine: parserOpenTable, Line 984 Server SQLStateL 42P01>

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

We upgraded maybe a month ago, this suddenly happened. We're running Crowd 3.1.2 now. I do see that entry in our config still, should that be removed?

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

I think you should not remove anything from the database without the advice of Atlassian support. What about the buildnumber in crowd.home/shared/crowd.cfg.xml ? Has it got the right value? (891 for Crowd 3.1.2)

That worked! Thank you so much for your time Bruno, we really appreciate it.
I find it strange that this problem manifested now, it's been quite some time since we updated.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2018

You're welcome. I find it strange too, anyway I'm glad you get access back to your applications!

0 votes
Bruno,

I'm not seeing any errors for exceeding user count, we are seeing,

WARN [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [openidserver] appears to have started a thread named [opened-spray-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of threads:
  sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
  scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.javaL2075)
  scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java1979)
  scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks the web application [openidserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ThreadLocalRandom$1] (value [scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ThreadLocalRandom$1@7c844568) and a value of type [scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ThreadLocalRandom] (value [scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ThreadLocalRandom@311307ed) but fiale dto remove it when the web application was stopped. Thread are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks the web application [openidserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@3e53cf2e]) and value of type pscala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.Submitter] (value [scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$Submitter@3e829fca]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks the web application [openidserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [akka.actor.ActorCell$$anon$1] (value [akka.actor.ActorCell$$anon$1@6766f81c]) and a value of type [scala.collection.immutable.Nil$] (value [List()]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

However, Catalina continues to startup

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2018

Are you actually using openidserver (CrowdID) or is it deployed just because you kept the standard settings while installing Crowd? If you're not using it, disable it:

• Rename openidserver.xml (and openidclient.xml) as openidserver.xml.inactivated (and openidclient.xml.inactivated) in apache-tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost. Then stop Tomcat/Crowd.
  • Make sure that there is no Java process remaining
  • Then start Crowd again and let's see what you get.
Mandia December 25, 2018

Hi @Bruno Vincent 

When I upgrade Crowd 3.2.3. I have the same error. But I am not find the buildnumber in crowd.home/shared/crowd.cfg.xml. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Mandia

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2018

Hi @Mandia

Crowd v3.2.3's build number is 954

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2018

Hello @Jon Broker

Any other errors or warnings in catalina.out? What do you get when you try to connect to Crowd's console in a browser?

(My guess is that you might have exceeded the number of users allowed by your license.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events