Crowd sync users with AD but not groups

Hi

I'm trying to configure Crowd instance for testing purposes and SSO evaluation. I've created an Microsoft Active Directory connector and told it to get users not belonging to one group. It creates ~8k accounts when synchronize is ran and that's OK smile. But it also syncs groups with AD causing serious mess and populates these groups to connected apps creating even bigger mess (I don't want to keep useless AD groups in JIRA or Confluence). 

Is there any way to make crowd sync users only? Logging (and other app privileges) will be done with Crowd local groups.

Regards

Marek

PS I entered a fake group in "Group object filter required" field and now Crowd doesn't sync groups with AD, but it removes all local groups what results in users with empty groups tab.

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent Community Champion Feb 03, 2016

Hi Marek,

"I don't want to keep useless AD groups in JIRA or Confluence"

Maybe I am missing something here, but why don't you explicitly enter the AD groups you want to keep in the group object filter?

Best regards,

Bruno 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

444 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you