Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd doesn't see all users in AD

Sune Mølgaard July 4, 2013

Hi All,

A customer has a Crowd instance that has a connector to a company AD set up.

They recently migrated their AD from one server to two new, and since then, a number of users have been unable to login.

Searching for those users in crowd revealed that Crowd no longer sees them in the AD, even though they most certainly are there *and* are members of the relevant groups that I'm filtering for.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the two new DCs are running Windows Server 2012 - I don't know what the old DC was running.

What could be wrong, and how can I find out?

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

Hi Sune,

It's a bit difficult to know what's wrong with only this information. Would be possible for you add some more details of your configuration and let us know if there is any error in your Crowd logs?

Also, have you created a new directory in Crowd for this new AD server or have just updated the existing one to point to the new server?

Cheers

Sune Mølgaard August 6, 2013

I initially created a new directory and ran into the problems I described.

Going back and just editing the old directory seemed to do the trick, however.

Worth noting was that I pointed the connector directly at the domain this time, instead of one of the actual servers.

Thus, I mark your post as the answer, since I take it to suggest editing the old directory if (as I did) I had tried to make a new one.

Cheers

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

Hi Sune,

It's a bit difficult to know what's wrong with only this information. Would be possible for you add some more details of your configuration and let us know if there is any error in your Crowd logs?

Also, have you created a new directory in Crowd for this new AD server or have just updated the existing one to point to the new server?

Cheers

0 votes
Sune Mølgaard July 4, 2013

Furthermore, trying the LDAP filter on the DC itself *does* find the missing users...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events