Crowd and Jira Integration

Charlie January 16, 2018

I need to get these two tools talking properly, while I work on that, I also need to start creating projects and user accounts in Jira, I have too many users waiting for this. Can I let users work on the projects while using individual accounts in Jira and implement Crowd at a later time?

Both applications are installed on the same server.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi @Charlie

I assume that you are creating users manually in Jira or you've enabled public signup. In both cases you can run only Jira and later on start on using Crowd for user management.

Once you are ready with Crowd setup you will be able to import users from Jira directory to Crowd and use Crowd for user management. It would require changing the user directory in Jira from Jira Internal Directory to remote Crowd directory.

Here you may find more information about importing users,

here is information about how to setup remote Crowd directory in Jira.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need more information

Marcin Kempa

Charlie January 17, 2018

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am creating users manually in Jira, but I'm not sure I know what public signup is, how do I enable this? Is it necessary to enable it before creating users?

thank you

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi,

The public signup means that you allow everyone to create an account in Jira. You may find out more about it here.

Please note that enabling this may have an impact on the security of your instance as everyone who can access your Jira instance would be allowed to create an account.

You do not need to enable it before creating users, it is just an option for users to be able to create accounts for themselves. However as I said before, and as mentioned on the page I linked this has an impact on the security.

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events