Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd : Unable to select MySQL during Database configuration

Sûrya KARUNAGODA April 19, 2019

Hi,

I have followed every steps of the configuration in order to setup a connection to a MySQL 5.7 database, but when I validate the setup form I get this error next to the Database select field: "The selected database type is invalid."

I found nothing about this error anywhere on the web.

2 answers

0 votes
Sûrya KARUNAGODA April 23, 2019

I resolved this issue by setting the file rights for that file and restart Crowd service with same attributes as similar files. (I also reinstalled Crowd from scratch before, just in case)

chown root:root /opt/atlassian/crowd/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar

chmod 664 /opt/atlassian/crowd/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar

sh /opt/atlassian/crowd/stop_crowd.sh

sh /opt/atlassian/crowd/start_crowd.sh

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

Did you install the MySQL driver (Step 2 in the documentation?) Oracle no longer allows distribution of the driver, so you have to manually install it.

Sûrya KARUNAGODA April 23, 2019

I did that of course.

What resolved my issue was setting the right rights for that file and restart Crowd service.

chmod 664 /opt/atlassian/crowd/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar

sh /opt/atlassian/crowd/stop_crowd.sh

sh /opt/atlassian/crowd/start_crowd.sh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events