Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Server Administration

James Brown May 29, 2018

Crowd Server 3.2 has two Administrator roles available, System administrator and Admin.

What is the difference?

Can I delegate Group admin to a user that is not a "Crowd Server Admin"?

Crowd Server 3.2.1 Administration.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
chris horton August 28, 2020

I can confirm that Craig's differences noted are still the same on Crowd Data Center 3.7.0

It would be great if the Admin role was able to manage all users and groups, but leave the system configuration to the System Admin role. Any possibility this might be a new feature coming soon?

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2018

We're running 3.2.0 and I just checked the difference between the two modes:

• Admin
    • Can view my users profile
    • Can change my password
    • Can view my groups
    • Can view the applications I can login to
  • Sys Admin
    • Full Crowd functionality - can manage applications/users/groups/directories/system config etc

Unsure if the admin mode isn't working properly in 3.2.0, but the comment of admin and sysadmin effectively being the same doesn't seem accurate

re: group admin only - we needed to delegate just group membership management to a sub-set of users and were able to build something quite nice using the APIs available.

CCM

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

I checked with a Crowd developer and he confirmed that the two roles are equivalent. There's no differentiation in Crowd the product (yet), and connected applications do not use this information (yet). Plugins to Crowd are free to use the information, though we're not aware of any that do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events