Crowd Server Administration

Crowd Server 3.2 has two Administrator roles available, System administrator and Admin.

What is the difference?

Can I delegate Group admin to a user that is not a "Crowd Server Admin"?

Crowd Server 3.2.1 Administration.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 30, 2018

I checked with a Crowd developer and he confirmed that the two roles are equivalent. There's no differentiation in Crowd the product (yet), and connected applications do not use this information (yet). Plugins to Crowd are free to use the information, though we're not aware of any that do.

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead Community Champion Jun 03, 2018

We're running 3.2.0 and I just checked the difference between the two modes:

• Admin
    • Can view my users profile
    • Can change my password
    • Can view my groups
    • Can view the applications I can login to
  • Sys Admin
    • Full Crowd functionality - can manage applications/users/groups/directories/system config etc

Unsure if the admin mode isn't working properly in 3.2.0, but the comment of admin and sysadmin effectively being the same doesn't seem accurate

re: group admin only - we needed to delegate just group membership management to a sub-set of users and were able to build something quite nice using the APIs available.

CCM

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

How you can achieve compact and easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA( Server)

This approach requires you to have the JIRA administrative rights. The main aim of this article is to help you achieve an organized, easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA instance thereby, reducin...

276 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you