Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd SSO integration with Jenkins

Varsha Kumari July 16, 2017

Hi All,

We are having a requirement to implement Crowd SSO integration with Jenkins. We have gone through the below URLs.

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Crowd+2+Plugin
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/integrating-crowd-with-a-custom-application-192511.html

I think this solution works partially, when we login to Jenkins we get automatically logged into JIRA and Crowd.
However, when we log out or log in to Crowd or JIRA, we don’t get logged out or logged in to Jenkins automatically.

We even gone through the suggested options mentioned in atlassian community by setting the session validation value to 0, but it doesn’t seem to work in my case.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Crowd-questions/How-to-enable-SSO-in-jenkins-using-crowd/qaq-p/177329

Can you provide a solution or suggestions how to get this done. Your urgent help will be highly appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
Divya Srinivasan November 27, 2018

Hi Varsha,

Is your problem resolved?

I am trying to integrate JIRA-Jenkins, but unable to authenticate JIRA when configuring in Jenkins. Could you please help me?

Regards,

Divya Srinivasan

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

In Varsha's case we discovered that the Crowd 2 plugin from Jenkins  has only been tested up to Crowd 2.3:

This plugin has been tested with Jenkins 1.431 and Crowd 2.3.x

One of the comments at the bottom of the page linked above describes a similar issue (SSO not working properly with Jenkins) on Crowd 2.11. If you are using that plugin, the issue could be with the plugin, in which case we are not likely to find a workaround in Crowd.

@brian_cullen Do you have a support agreement with Jenkins? If so, perhaps they could shed some light on how to workaround the issue or when an update for the plugin is due to be released.

I did some research on Jenkins' Jira issue tracker and found one case (SSO not working) where similar symptoms were solved by adding the trusted proxies in Crowd as described in Configuring Trusted Proxy Servers. It is not clear what version of Crowd was being used, but as the ticket is from 2014 it is not a later one.

0 votes
Varsha Kumari July 18, 2017

We have already gone through this checklist only while setting up the crowd but still facing the issue as mentioned above.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

I opened a support case for you so I could look at your logs, you should be getting the notice shortly. 

brian_cullen November 15, 2017

We are experiencing the same issue.

If you log in to Jenkins then SSO back to JIRA or Confluence works. However if for example you log in to JIRA first you are prompted for your credentials when you go to Jenkins.

I can confirm that the crowd.token_key that is set when I log in to JIRA is the same when I go to Jenkins but SSO is not working.

Is there any update on how this can be resolved?

Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2017

Hi @Varsha Kumari and @brian_cullen

Could you please post versions of Crowd and Jenkins you are using as well as what at the version of JIRA and other Atlassian tools you connect to SSO?

This will be helpful for us to analyze the problem.

Thanks!

Marcin Kempa

brian_cullen November 15, 2017

Hi @Marcin Kempa,

The versions we are using are as follows:

• Crowd - 2.12
  • Jenkins - 2.32.1
  • JIRA - 7.3.1
  • Confluence - 6.1.3
  • Bitbucket - 4.14.9

Regards

Brian

peter gallerani March 6, 2018

Brian,

I ended up finding that within Crowd we have a directory with group inside. I had to add the individual groups inside the directory to the jenkins crowd plugin security realm.

Guessing this may already be resolved, but adding for future searches.

Peter

Tested with:
Crowd 3
Jenkins 2.84

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2017

Please go through the checklist on this page and let us know what you find:

Troubleshooting SSO with Crowd

Looking forward to follow up questions and hearing your findings.

Varsha Kumari July 18, 2017

We have gone through this checlist only while setting up the crowd but still facing the issue as mentioned above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events