Crowd - Hardware Requirements?

ACP March 11, 2013

Hello,

i've got a question about the hardware requirements for crowd. We want to connect 3 ADs and 1 LDAP directory with Crowd and Crowd will support 1 application. The amount of users will be around 5000 (daily usage)

Can anyone give me information about the required CPU/Core and the RAM for the operating system?

Axel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013
ACP March 11, 2013

Thanks, but i've already read it and its not very detailed concerning hardware requirements.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

personally i don't think crowd needs big hardware for doing what it does.

i've installed it on the same host next to jira&confluence

HW is like:

E5606 Xenon

24GB RAM

works nicely..also remote connects to external crowd directories for sync

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

I've found that it's more RAM. The more RAM allows it to cache things more often. It's mostly user directories and hence as long as it can fit it into cache (not disk and not external LDAP) it'll be fast. If performance isn't an issue, it doesn't really need anything fast to run.

0 votes
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

We have two instances of Crowd (v1 and v2) as well as MySQL running simultaneously on an old Sun Fire V215 with only 4GB of memory. It's hit by at least a dozen apps and our org has about 11k users. Load is never a problem—we have several syncing apps which hammer it nightly (adding/removing users, etc.)

So long as you're using Crowd 2 and not Crowd 1, pretty much anything made in the past few years should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events