cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Directory - Group Configuration with multiple OUs - syntax

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

what would be the correct syntax for the situation like:

base DN:

DC=example,DC=com

would want to include groups from both:

OU=Global Groups,OU=Global,DC=example,DC=com
OU=E-mail Distribution Lists,OU=Email Resources,DC=example,DC=com

my current Group Object Filter (filters out curly braces - a bug in Confluence 5.1.2):

(&(objectCategory=Group)(!(CN=*{*}*)))

I understand I could create 2 directories, but my gut feeling tells me there should be a better way...

6 answers

0 votes
John Plut February 12, 2014

Is there any update on support for this?

0 votes
Abhishek Verma October 14, 2013

Andrei,

Have you found a solution yet?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

no... I had to create 2 directories, which is a pain to maintain, but it works

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

(&(objectCategory=Group)) itself should have return all the groups within both OUs. Did you want to only include certain specific groups from both OUs?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

You may try the example here:

(&(objectClass=group)(|(ou:dn:=Chicago)(ou:dn:=Miami)))

Or you can use a different approch like using the infomation of another attribute to "mark" the groups you want to retrieve in your filter. i.e.:

(&(objectClass=group)(description=atlassian))

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

thank you - have found this page as well and as Philip Parkinson writes - MS ActiveDirectory might be not willing to play by the rules and does not filter groups correctly... will keep digging

tried:

(&(objectClass=group)(ou:dn:=Email Resources))

=> "no results were found"

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

i hoped this would work - but it returns "No results were found from your search." thanks

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

Should be

(&(objectCategory=Group)(!(CN=*{*}*))(|(OU=Global Groups)(OU=E-mail Distribution Lists)))

according to this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events