Crowd CSV import Linux - where to put the files

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi

We want to import user and groups via CSV into a crowd directory

Centos on AWS

The docs only give a windows location/

File-Location:

The CSV files must be on the local drive (e.g. C:) of the Crowd server.

What is the Linux equivalent of C:

/opt/crowd-home ?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hey @Tom Lister, to my knowledge, there is only one filesystem in Linux, which starts at the empty path /. You can also mount other drives, for example, /mnt/driver. For the CSV import, as long as you map it to the correct path with the proper permissions, it should be fine. Looking at the section Install Crowd at Installing Crowd and CrowdID, you will find the reference to both Windows and Linux as their installation directories.

Have you tried placing your file under /opt/crowd-home and it did not work? Did you get any error?

Cheers,
IL.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Btw, I noticed you tagged as DC deployment, so it's worthy to double-check if you're in the right node.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

Hi @Ivan Lima 

We found the location that worked was the /home (root) of the user running crowd.

Not any of the crowd directories

I.e. the equivalent of c:/ on windows

Not obvious and not great IMHO - I'd prefer an option to import file from  my machine as admin. We needed a server engineer to get involved in a simple task.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

Yeah, that info would be a great addition to the docs. Anyways, I'm glad you worked that out. 👍

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events