Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Azure AD connector users cannot authenticate?

James Cox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2018

Hi

Want to use Crowd Azure Active Directory connector to authenticate users in Jira and then remove on-premises AD and Office 365 sync.

Crowd Version: 3.2.0 & JIRA Version: 7.9.0

Crowd has LDAP connector and can access on-premises AD. Can see users and groups in Crowd from LDAP and Jira from Crowd LDAP connector and can authenticate users in Jira. The Crowd admin group users can login to crowd. (Usernames = firstname.surname)

Crowd Azure AD connector and can access AAD. Can see AAD users and groups in Crowd from AAD. Can also see users in Jira from Crowd AAD connector but cannot authenticate in Jira. The AAD Crowd admin group users cannot login to Crowd.  (Usernames = firstname.surname@domain.tld)

Thoughts?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

Hi @James Cox

Crowd's native Azure AD connector maps Azure AD's userPrincipalName attribute to Crowd's username attribute as detailed on this page (see the paragraph titled Field Mapping).

You might want to have a look at the following add-on: Office 365 Directory Connector for Crowd (ODCC). Among other features, the ODCC add-on actually allows you to map the short username part of Azure AD's userPrincipalName (e.g. john.doe instead of john.doe@domain.tld) to Crowd's username attribute.

(Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the ODCC add-on).

Hope this helps.

Bruno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events