Cannot install crowd (Application does not exist)

I have problem with installing Crowd on Red Hat 5.5 (with MySQL 5.0). I get SQL exception after specifying default Crowd administrator (unfortunately, I didn't save stacktrace of the error). After this exception I get message 'Application <crowd> does not exist'. This error does not allow to proceed with Crowd installation, I'm stuck on the 'Integrated Applications' phase.

How could I fix the Crowd installation?

3 answers

Here is the stacktrace of error happening after specifying of crowd administrator:

Here is the stacktrace of error happening after specifying of crowd administrator: (crowd-stacktrace.safe.txt)

Is "2-FRNAVSERV108-0" the name of the administrator you created for the instance?

I think the easiest thing to do atm. Would be to drop and re-create the database + delete the files in the home directory and restart the installation process.

My guess is somehow you have gone through the setup process twice (??) and now the database is in a very inconsistent state, a simple re-install of Crowd following what I have said abive is the best option.

Cheers,

Justin

I did what you recommend (delete CROWD_HOME dir contents and truncate crowd database) at least 3 times. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

I don't know what 2-FRNAVSERV108-0 means, but FRNAVSERV108 is the hostname of the machine where I'm installing crowd. And I didn't supply this hostname explicitly. As far as I remember, crowd got it without asking me.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

274 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot