Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot connect to localhost:8095

I have unzipped the crowd folders into a directory, and have changed the crowd-init.properties to indicate where I want the Crowd Home directory (which is not the same as the installation directory). I click start-service.bat, and the cmd window flashes up. Despite these, when I try to connect to localhost:8095, I cannot.

I am using IE9, and installing Crowd on a remote server, connecting with Remote Desktop.

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I believe the issue was that I did not run the start_service.bat as an administrator, so there was nothing to access at http://localhost:8095

Just clicking on the batch file even if you run as administrator just does not work for me. What I have to do is open a cmd prompt as administrator. Then start the batch from the command line. This works on windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.

The crowd command window will open and stay opened until you run the stop batch.

This was my solution as well. I'm running this on Server 2016.

are there any exceptions in the logs ?

I am not sure, how do I check that?

0 votes

I'm afraid the answer to that is "read the logs". There's not a lot we can help you with unless you can read the logs....

Hi, can you post the full URL you are trying to access? Although Chrome and Firefox inserts this for you, sometimes in IE when you do localhost:8095, it doesn't add http:// to the front and causes issues. Ensure you are accessing it via http://localhost:8095.

Are you acccessing the "localhost" from within the remote desktop session, or from your workstation? You may need to swap "localhost" with the ip address of your server.

That would definitly do it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

☕️ Monday coffee with Jexo: Weekly Atlassian news roundup | 21st June 2021

Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...

69 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you