but nothing works.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2018

Hi @N B

If you can't even see Crowd's console login form, then that's probably a network issue. Make sure that port 8095 is open for inbound HTTP connections on your Crowd server.

If you do see Crowd's console login form, but cannot login, then that's probably a configuration issue in Crowd itself. In that case (I assume that you're running Crowd v3.x), in the console go to Settings > General options and change the Base URL. I strongly suggest that you use a resolvable FQDN (e.g. myserver.mydomain) instead of an IP address. Still in Settings > Single Sign-On cookie settings, make sure that SSO domain is either blank or equals your actual domain (e.g. .mydomain). Once you've changed those settings, you might need to restart your browser or clear your cookies to login again.

Hope this helps.

N B February 16, 2018

Thanks for the quick response. It turned out to be a Windows Firewall issue where I had to add port 8095. After that it worked. Out of practice with Windows as I've been using only Linux for years. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events