Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have different numbers of licences for different Atlassian products all managed from Crowd?

Joshua Rasbash October 17, 2019

Possible silly question but I don't generate the quotes for my organisation and I'm curious. Is it possible to have different amounts of licences for an Atlassian suite of products all managed from the same crowd instance. We currently have 50 licences for Crowd, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence and Fisheye/Crucible and we want to get more licences for JIRA and Confluence only. In the quote it would appear that the number of licences must be the same regardless of the product.

Is it possible to have an Atlassian setup which has 50 licences for Bitbucket and Fisheye/Crucible and 250 for JIRA/Confluence in order to not have wasted Bitbucket licences and reduce cost. All users would be managed from Crowd (which I imagine would have to have 250 licences as well).

Thank you :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Joshua Rasbash

Yes, you can have different licenses for each app. If you want manage all users by crowd you must remember (and you mention this) that crowd must have license such as the biggest of one of your apps.

In crowd you can create several applications that will serve specific users to applications or you can serve all crowd user database to all apps and grant permissions based on global permission.

And remember - there is no such thing like silly questions :)

Regards,

Seba

Joshua Rasbash October 17, 2019

Thanks for the clear answer :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events