Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the same oracle database for both crowd and jira ?

Janeen Kedzierski January 4, 2012
We are running jira with greenhopper we r going to use crowd can both crowd and jira share one oracle database ?

1 answer

2 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2012

Hi Janeen,

Could you please elaborate on more detail regarding what you meant by "one ORACLE database". If this meant one ORACLE database server, than it should be possible as long as Crowd and JIRA are using a different schema and database user to access the schema.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Janeen Kedzierski January 4, 2012

Hi

I have one oracle database called jira and i want to put both schemas in the one database.

So I will be able to login to the database with the crowd login and also login to the database with the jira login.

I just wondered if this is supported.

Thanks

Janeen

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2012

Hi Janeen.

As long as they both have their own schema and user, that should be fine. Rule of thumb, they shouldn't share the same user or permission if they do, there will be some confusion in JIRA or Crowd when looking it do the SQL request to the ORACLE server.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events