Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use localhost for the database?

Dave Mattinson January 21, 2021

As part of increasing the security of the Atlassian products it has been suggested that if the server communicates directly with the database that I should use a localhost database rather than a network visible port.  I have had a bit of a go, but can't seem to get it to work.  I suspect that the database access is from the client rather than the server.  Is my suspicion correct or is there something else I'm missing?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

There's no harm in setting up a database on the Crowd server for local use - in fact, it's usually easier because most databases, when first installed, only listen locally by default, you have to add settings to them to get them to listen to other places.

The main question here is what you are getting - what are the symptoms of "can't seem to get it to work"?

Dave Mattinson August 6, 2021

Fortunately the problem went away when I started on a new server instance. I presume I'd left some link as the server name. It does seem to work OK now. Sorry only recently gone back to it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events