Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

CROWD DB user and password reset

Hi,

I need to reset the crowd DB user password soon, we're running crowd on RHEL 7.4, and MS SQL 2012 for the external database.

My questions is once the password is reset on the MS SQL side for the crowd DB user, where in the crowd server do I update the changed password? I've looked everywhere in the Crowd install directory and I'm not finding it. Every XML and config file I could find.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2018

Hi @Charlie,

Crowd stores password to the DB in the crowd.cfg.xml config file which can be found in Crowd's home directory. Look for the entry:

<property name="hibernate.connection.password">secret</property>

Please test this first on some staging environment and create a backup of Crowd and it's home directory before proceeding. 

After changing this password you may need to restart Crowd.

Hope that helps,

Marcin Kempa 

Thank you very much I found it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

329 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you