Backup LDAP in Crowd

Hi All,

Does anybody know if you can easily install a Backup LDAP in Crowd?

This LDAP should only be used if the Main LDAP Server is down.

Is there an easy way to copy the groups and to keep them synced if you manage your groups in crowd?

Just wondering.

Best regards,
Peter

1 answer

An approach would be to setup your second LDAP server to replicate from your primary server.

Then in crowd, specify both directories with the replicated server with a lower priority as the first.

That way, crowd will use your primary server, only looking up your second should there be a failure (authentication or otherwise).

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response, the approach you suggested is also the one I want to follow. The problem is that my groups are managed within crowd. So I would need to manually copy all the groups to the new LDAP directory.

So now I'm wondering if there is a way to copy these groups automatically within Crowd.

Best regards,

Peter

Ah, sorry didn't notice that part of the question.

There's 2 approaches.

Under the User menu, you can use the Import Users section to import from one directory to another.

If your users are already migrated (and not the groups), then you can use the CSV Importer in the same section. The trouble would be to get your existing user > group memberships, though you could figure this out using the REST api.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Maggie Roney
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

576 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you