It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Azure AD Email as Username vs Login

Hello

We are trying to have Azure synchronize the users email addresses as their username vs their Azure AD username. Is there a way to change the mapping of this?

Both our Jira and Confluence have been using emails as username and we want to leave it as is. 

It seems possible with Alias's but we do not want to do this for every user and every app, vs in the AD synchronizer.

Thank you so much for your help!

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent Community Leader Feb 14, 2019

Hi @Dan Levine

As of today, Crowd's username is mapped to Azure AD's userPrincipalName as per Atlassian's documentation (please read the field mapping section).

Thus Crowd aliases are definitely the best option here. This is easily scriptable thanks to Crowd's REST API for managing user aliases.

Do you know if there is an equivalent to doing this with Jira/Confluence Cloud?

Well, I haven't tested it myself but according to Microsoft's documentation, this should be possible:

• In SCIM (provisioning) settings, you need to map Atlassian's userName attribute to Azure AD's mail attribute (as detailed here)
  • In SAML (SSO) settings, you need to map the nameidentifier attribute to Azure AD's mail attribute (as detailed here).

Again, I haven't tested it myself but you might want to give it a try 🙂

Thanks, this is helpful!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Apr 09, 2019 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 is here!

The wait is over... Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 is now officially here! Platform releases offer Atlassian an opportunity to shift our strategy, make bold predictions about t...

1,298 views 12 25
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you