Our team is running the latest version of Crowd on EC2. Currently we follow the steps below to deploy crowd to an EC2 server.
How can I automate steps 5 - 8?
1) Upload Crowd.tar.tz file to an EC2 instance
2) Unzip file
3) Configure Crowd HOME directory by modifying a Crowd configuration file
4) Start Crowd by running Crowd startup command
5) To configure Crowd, launch the new Crowd URL from a web browser, get the server ID from Crowd’s web page
6) Using the Server ID, login to Atlassian’s website to request a temporary license key. To do so, you will need to answer a few questions from Atlassian on why you need a temporary Crowd license key
7) Back to Crowd’s web page, enter the new key generated by Atlassian
8) Launch a separate web browser, login to old Crowd app, export the latest database to a xml file, and then import the xml file into new Crowd via the new Crowd web page
9) Request a SSL Cert to allow https access.
10) Request Crowd Domain changes
11) Transfer existing Crowd license from old Crowd to the new Crowd
Hello, Atlassian Community! My name is Dave Meyer and I'm a Principal Product Manager at Atlassian. I wanted to give this community a heads up about an upcoming Webinar that might be of interest...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events