It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Authenticating customers from JSD using Crowd Edited

Hello,

Our company runs our own IdP solution (IdentityServer4 - IDS4 for short; OIDC login) that our customers authenticate against. We're looking for a solution to authenticate our future and existing users against our IdP. However, I noticed that is the only supported type in Atlassian Access (currently using Cloud) is SAML. I also noticed that Crowd supports OIDC, so that got me intrigued.

My question though is whether I can have customers authenticate against Crowd for JIra Service Desk access? Do we, in this scenario, need to pay for each customer as a user license in Crowd?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

1 answer

Hi @Zack Loveless 

SSO apps on the Atlassian Marketplace allow JSD customer to login through an Idp. The following link shows OIDC apps: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=openid%20connect

I work for Kantega SSO, one of the OIDC app vendors. Our very new app, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220417/k-sso-oidc-openid-connect-jwt-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview, should allow both agents and customers to login to JSD. We do not have a specific guide for IDS4 yet, but if you know the discovery URL, client id and secret you should be able to set it up through the generic guide.

Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 09.21.08.png

Please reach out to our support team if you want a demo or need assistance with your IDS4 setup.

Regards,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

Thanks for the answer, this helps me get a better picture of what I need to look at.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

113 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you