Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticating customers from JSD using Crowd

Zack Loveless June 10, 2019

Hello,

Our company runs our own IdP solution (IdentityServer4 - IDS4 for short; OIDC login) that our customers authenticate against. We're looking for a solution to authenticate our future and existing users against our IdP. However, I noticed that is the only supported type in Atlassian Access (currently using Cloud) is SAML. I also noticed that Crowd supports OIDC, so that got me intrigued.

My question though is whether I can have customers authenticate against Crowd for JIra Service Desk access? Do we, in this scenario, need to pay for each customer as a user license in Crowd?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

1 answer

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

Hi @Zack Loveless 

SSO apps on the Atlassian Marketplace allow JSD customer to login through an Idp. The following link shows OIDC apps: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=openid%20connect

I work for Kantega SSO, one of the OIDC app vendors. Our very new app, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220417/k-sso-oidc-openid-connect-jwt-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview, should allow both agents and customers to login to JSD. We do not have a specific guide for IDS4 yet, but if you know the discovery URL, client id and secret you should be able to set it up through the generic guide.

Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 09.21.08.png

Please reach out to our support team if you want a demo or need assistance with your IDS4 setup.

Regards,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

Zack Loveless June 11, 2019

Thanks for the answer, this helps me get a better picture of what I need to look at.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events