Authenticate step fails in custom directory connector testing (Crowd and JIRA)

Rizwan Basha May 16, 2017

Hello, 

I am trying to create a custom directory connector in Crowd by implementing the interface RemoteDirectory. I have implemented necessary methods so far in order to test the custom directory from JIRA. I have added Crowd type of directory in JIRA. And when I test the remote directory from JIRA, it asks for credentials of a user in the remote directory for extended testing. And when I enter the credentials of a user existing in my custom directory (which is in a SQL Server database accessible via SOAP web service), Crowd calls certain methods of the Remote Directory interface (such as SearchUsers(), findUserByName(), searchGroupRelationships() and authenticate()). All these methods do return valid return values. However, the test results in JIRA shows authenticate step as failed, though it shows all the preceding steps as succeeded (as shown in the image attached).  But I see in debug mode that the authenticate method of the RemoteDirectory implementation does return a valid User object (of type com.atlassian.crowd.model.user.User) with all its property values filled in.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause?  

Thanks!

Rizwan

CrowdTestViaJira.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Rizwan Basha May 19, 2017

This issue is resolved.  There was nothing wrong in implementation code.  The problem was in Application configuration in Crowd.  In the definition of Jira application in Crowd, Directories tab, there is a column titled "Allow all to authenticate".  The value in this column for my custom directory was accidentally False.  I had to changed it to true in order to resolve this issue.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

Thanks for letting us know the resolution, it could help someone else in the Community.

Rizwan Basha May 19, 2017

Sure, no problem.  

Now I am facing another problem as stated in another question: Remote Crowd directory test successful, yet user fails to authenticate.  Can someone from Atlassian team please reply if you guys have any idea about this.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events