2-Factor Authentication for Crowd

I have new security requirements that require two-factor authentication on our Atlassian tools: Crowd, JIRA, Confluence, Stash, and Bamboo. I see that there is a product called "Secure Login via 2-Factor Authentication by SYRACOM that is a plugin for JIRA. Is there something similar to that for Crowd (all of our tools authenticate through Crowd) or does someone know of a different solution.

I find it hard to believe this is not a basic, built-in, capability of Crowd.

Dennis

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

There are couple of 2FA add-ons available. But if those plugins will be enabled for JIRA cloud is up to Atlassian.

So for JIRA server, you can check out the benefits of our new 2FA JIRA add-on for two-factor authentication using your SecSign ID.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.secsign.secsignid/server/overview

For a more detailed installation tutorial visit
https://www.secsign.com/jira-2fa-tutorial/

Dennis, what did you do for this? I have the same issue.

Hi Dennis,

we have recently published a Plugin for 2FA or two factor authentication for Atlassian Crowd.

Have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.secsign.secsign-crowd/server/overview

Besides this we offer 2FA plugins for JIRA and Confluence to work with the Crowd instance to map and synchronize the user.

SecSign 2FA Add-on for Atlassian JIRA

SecSign 2FA Add-on for Atlassian Confluence

Let us know if you need more information about the integration.

A quick question on this...if we install the plugin for Crowd would this effectively enable 2FA for a Bamboo instance that was linked to Crowd for user authentication?

Hi Christopher,

no it would not enable 2FA for Bamboo (or BitBucket). You will need to install a seperate add-on.

Currently we are working on such a Bamboo and Bitbucket add-on to supply 2FA support to these systems.

Also we are working at our Crowd plugin so in the future an admin can administer the two factor authentication centrally in crowd.

Titus

Hi Christopher,

we published the new Bamboo and Bitbucket 2FA plugins. Now you can activate 2FA with Crowd for your Bamboo and Bitbucket setups as well.

If you want to manage 2FA centrally via Crowd or a user management system connected to Crowd you simply need to install the SecSign ID Crowd and the SecSign ID Bamboo plugin. The configuration setups for Crowd can then be found in the backend of the Bamboo plugin.

Feel free to test the plugins and don't hesitate to let us know about any questions and feedback. We appreciate your input. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,462 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you