Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write comment anonymously in permission restricted page

james April 9, 2023

I set permissions to certain pages that can only be viewed and edited by authorized people. And I want to make users write comments "anonymously" on this page, is there a way?

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @james ,

Comments and Pages edit permissions are relatively independent.

Comments depends on the authorization in the space authority, and Pages edit not only depends on the authorization of the space authority but also receives page restrictions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

james April 9, 2023

Thank you for your response. I understand that if a user does not have permission to view a page, it will not be displayed in the page tree and they will not be able to access it.

However, I have a follow-up question regarding comments. Is it possible for users with authority to a page to leave comments anonymously? I am wondering if this is possible through the use of a plugin or other means.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Do you want users to add comments to be anonymous after they log in or anonymous users can add comments?

Like james likes this
james April 10, 2023

I want logged in users to be able to add comments anonymously

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Hi @james ,

I don't think this is reasonable, it amounts to modifying the information stored in the database. But you can try to hide this information, please refer to

How to hide elements in Confluence using CSS or JavaScript

HideElements for Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events