Having problem with images in Word documents not coming through cleanly. . . getting lots of these errors:
Unable to embed resource: worddavce1efe792ec7df8b1588dc412a9b135f.wmf of type application/octet-stream
Basically, images within the Word document is getting in to Confluence through the import as wmf files and since Confluence does not display wmf files -- the problem.
I'm looking for creative ways around this problem. . .
Is there a way to influence this import process so that these images come in as a supported format?
Is there a way to display wmf in Confluence?
Is there sonmething I can do in the Word document so that these images are set differently so that Confluence import will translate them into a supported format?
Anything regarding MIME types I should try?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
We have found this work around that works but still somewhat cumbersome. If you save the Word document as a PDF and then open it up with your Adobe reader/acrobat and save as a word format. Then use the resulting document to import into confluence.
You should see images.
we had the same problem when we imported a lot of our word documentation into confluence.
Unfortunately, we didn't find a solution. We converted the imported wmfs manually to jpg, uploaded these images and edited the pages manually to show the new jpgs.
Hope you find a better solution.
I am actively having this problem and it is critical that we find a solution too. I will post here when I find a a solution.
I'm looking into whether there is anything I can do in Lotus Notes (our source) to control what is pasted into Microsoft Word (i.e. the image is pasted as a PNG, JPG or GIF, not as a WMF file which is Microsoft's proprietary vector/clipart format and, as you know, not what we need!). The other option I'm looking at is whether there is a Word API call I can use in VB that will convert the in-line images from WMF to a supported format. I'll be checking back here for your progress and also sharing what I find. Thanks.
the image upload is not really a big hit. My questions here never lead to anything good. It might happen that an image is referenced on multiple pages, but is only attached to the first wiki-page in the import. Check wether the image can be found via the global search and adjust the links.
As for the rest : Build a macro and look for each image - cut & "special-paste as PNG" - might help, but bevware of images, which are scaled down. Windows copy & paste sometimes really wrecks the quality of those images. Then, you only can do a screenshot and cut out the part you need with some special graphicy programm and upload it manually.
Good luck :)
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs