wizard points to a non-existent Soy template after updating on confluence installation

In the Blueprint I created there should be an implementation of a wizard. I changed my namespace for the wizard so it won't override my previous soy wizard for other templates and it worked at the beginning. After a few reloads it just say in the browser console. It works fine when I run it on the debug Confluence but if I upload the Plugin to my running Confluence installation I get this error.

Error: wizard points to a non-existent Soy template 'MyPlugin.Blueprints.SimpleCuC.page2Form'. Check your web-resources or server logs.

I pointet to the correct direction in my atlassian-plugin xml with.

<resource type="download" name="cucbp.soy.js" location="/cucbp.soy" />

<!-- Blueprint -->

<blueprint key="my-blueprint" content-template-key="cucbp-template" index-key="my-index" >

<content-template ref="simplebp-template" />

<dialog-wizard key="cucbp-wizard">

<dialog-page id="page2Id" template-key="CuCBoard.Blueprints.SimpleCuC.page2Form" title-key="my.blueprint.wizard.page1.CuCtitle" last="true"/>

</dialog-wizard>

</blueprint>

And my soy file should be correct as well.

{namespace CuCBoard.Blueprints.SimpleCuC}

/**

*  A form that accepts a person's name

*/

{template .page2Form}

<form action="#" method="post" class="aui">

<fieldset>

But every time the wizard should open when I just get an error for the non existing soy template, which is correct the path he displays in the console error isn't there anymore and should not be used by the new version of the plugin but it still uses it ....

The error only appears on the installation of confluence after the upload.

1 answer

I had the same problem. I believe that it's because in step 2.4 (adding the JavaScript file), the sample code has escaped quotes: ' instead of ". 

When I replaced all of the ' with " in the JavaScript file, I no longer got the missing soy template error. 

I had already made that replacement for the other files with escaped quotes, but missed this file. It would be nice if the sample code had only unescaped quotes in it though...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,090 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you