wizard points to a non-existent Soy template after updating on confluence installation

Tom July 20, 2014

In the Blueprint I created there should be an implementation of a wizard. I changed my namespace for the wizard so it won't override my previous soy wizard for other templates and it worked at the beginning. After a few reloads it just say in the browser console. It works fine when I run it on the debug Confluence but if I upload the Plugin to my running Confluence installation I get this error.

Error: wizard points to a non-existent Soy template 'MyPlugin.Blueprints.SimpleCuC.page2Form'. Check your web-resources or server logs.

I pointet to the correct direction in my atlassian-plugin xml with.

<resource type="download" name="cucbp.soy.js" location="/cucbp.soy" />

<!-- Blueprint -->

<blueprint key="my-blueprint" content-template-key="cucbp-template" index-key="my-index" >

<content-template ref="simplebp-template" />

<dialog-wizard key="cucbp-wizard">

<dialog-page id="page2Id" template-key="CuCBoard.Blueprints.SimpleCuC.page2Form" title-key="my.blueprint.wizard.page1.CuCtitle" last="true"/>

</dialog-wizard>

</blueprint>

And my soy file should be correct as well.

{namespace CuCBoard.Blueprints.SimpleCuC}

/**

*  A form that accepts a person's name

*/

{template .page2Form}

<form action="#" method="post" class="aui">

<fieldset>

But every time the wizard should open when I just get an error for the non existing soy template, which is correct the path he displays in the console error isn't there anymore and should not be used by the new version of the plugin but it still uses it ....

The error only appears on the installation of confluence after the upload.

5 answers

3 votes
Sandun K Gunasekara August 8, 2019

I had the same problem. I don't know whether this works for you. First problem I had was my server console did not logged necessary logs. There were only java jdk and synchrony logs. So I configured logs as mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-logging-181535215.html to have all the logs of "com.atlassian.confluence.core". Then I found the error

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] com.atlassian.soy.impl.QuieterSoySyntaxException: In file /soy/outputTemplate.soy: End of SoyDoc not at end of line [line 4, column 1].

Finally the problem was a space after end of soy doc.

/** * A form that accepts a person's name */{space}

instead of

/** * A form that accepts a person's name */

0 votes
Ben Li May 29, 2019

Not sure if you all still have that error but what fixed it for me is adding the soy dialog page to my web-resource section. I had everything else properly configured but forgot to include the soy as a resource.

0 votes
Max Burn February 19, 2019

I am not sure if you are still having this issue, or if this will solve it, but since I spent more time figuring this out that I care to admit (and found this page in the process) so I want to sare.

I was working through the Intermediate Blueprint Tutorial and would got hung up on step 6. After digging it seems I was also getting the error:

wizard points to a non-existent Soy template

Line 26 of the tutorial's atlassian-plugin.xml file it reads:

<resource type="download" name="simplebp.soy.js" location="/soy/simplebp.soy" />

And has the "simplebp.soy" placed in the directory "./simplebp/src/main/resources/soy/"

For it to work my resources line reads:

<resource type="download" name="simplebp-soy.js" location="simplebp.soy" />

And as that line suggest I have my "simplebp.soy" directly in  "./simplebp/src/main/resources/"

In my case I was running a standalone instance of Confluence 6.6.0 due to other issues.

atlas-run-standalone --product confluence --version 6.6.0 --data-version 6.6.0
0 votes
Alex Bird February 27, 2015

I had the same problem. I believe that it's because in step 2.4 (adding the JavaScript file), the sample code has escaped quotes: &#39; instead of ". 

When I replaced all of the &#39; with " in the JavaScript file, I no longer got the missing soy template error. 

I had already made that replacement for the other files with escaped quotes, but missed this file. It would be nice if the sample code had only unescaped quotes in it though...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events