cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why log scanner ( Atlassian Support Tools ) not working

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

I tried to use log scanner within Atlassian Support Tools, but it started 0% then stay at 0% and running forever, confluence 3.5.17 version is used, any ideas? Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Just in case anyone has the same problem again, here is the solution from Atlassian, hope it helps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Hercules+Log+Scanner+Unable+to+Proceed+Past+Zero

0 votes
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

I added proxy host to allow the instance to reach Atlassian servers (which initially I intended to make the plugins searchable) and it fixed the log scanner in our JIRA (v4.3) and confluence (3.5.17).

But now I have a jira test instance (upgraded to 5.1.8) still doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

It should be the same. Can you check what does the logs say when you attempy a scan? Does the search in Manage Plugins work in the test system?

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Thanks, Renjith. Yes, I did the same to the test 5.1.8 and I can manage plugins now, but the scan still doesn't work. I could not find any error in the log.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

What does the log scan screen say? Can you post a screeshot?

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

The screen has stayed at 0% and run forever (I left it running for the whole night).

Thanks for your help.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Probably we need to get into more deeper troubeshooting steps. You need to collect the threaddumps and submit to Atlassian in a support request - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Generating+a+Thread+Dump

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

thanks,Renjith. I have raised a support ticket.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2012

Hi Sherry,

Could you try cleaning the re-indexing and cleaning the cache and see if the problem persists?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events