why cann't I find some spaces created already through confluence search fields by system administrator? Confluence version is 5.7

mashasha January 18, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

The spaces directory only lists the spaces you have "can use" rights in.

Your admin privileges include the ability to see all spaces in the admin pages, and update the permissions in there, but it does not give you a blanket "can see everything because I'm an admin" right (it's a bad permission model and one that Atlassian stays away from)

mashasha January 19, 2016

Thanks for your reply.I have  found the reason from https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-index-administration-148844.html and solved it by rebuilding the search index.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

You need to be careful with that case.

If the problem was "I don't see them immediately", then that's because it takes a few minutes to catch up.  Do not re-index manually, leave it for a few minutes.

If the problem was "I don't see them after the system has had time to index it all", then you have another problem - your system is being broken by something that stops the indexing from working properly.  You really need to investigate that and fix it.

mashasha January 19, 2016

it's the second one. I have investigated the confluence database and  found that a space created by someone  don't have the home page.Maybe it's the reason that cause the indexing fails.

mashasha January 20, 2016

I have met this problem that the indexing fails. Every time  adding bolgs or pages, it will need to rebuild the indexing . It's not the reason above. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2016

You need to start by reading the logs to see what the indexing is doing, it should be showing errors when it fails.

mashasha January 21, 2016

Index not working due to 'journal state store is corrupt.I have solved it.Thanks.

0 votes
mashasha January 18, 2016

And  I  can't  see all the spaces  in the spaces directory.Only  some. I don't know what  the problem  is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events