why cann't I find some spaces created already through confluence search fields by system administrator? Confluence version is 5.7

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

The spaces directory only lists the spaces you have "can use" rights in.

Your admin privileges include the ability to see all spaces in the admin pages, and update the permissions in there, but it does not give you a blanket "can see everything because I'm an admin" right (it's a bad permission model and one that Atlassian stays away from)

Thanks for your reply.I have  found the reason from https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-index-administration-148844.html and solved it by rebuilding the search index.

You need to be careful with that case.

If the problem was "I don't see them immediately", then that's because it takes a few minutes to catch up.  Do not re-index manually, leave it for a few minutes.

If the problem was "I don't see them after the system has had time to index it all", then you have another problem - your system is being broken by something that stops the indexing from working properly.  You really need to investigate that and fix it.

it's the second one. I have investigated the confluence database and  found that a space created by someone  don't have the home page.Maybe it's the reason that cause the indexing fails.

I have met this problem that the indexing fails. Every time  adding bolgs or pages, it will need to rebuild the indexing . It's not the reason above. Is there a way to solve this problem?

You need to start by reading the logs to see what the indexing is doing, it should be showing errors when it fails.

Index not working due to 'journal state store is corrupt.I have solved it.Thanks.

And  I  can't  see all the spaces  in the spaces directory.Only  some. I don't know what  the problem  is.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

304 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you