why can't I see image files in Confluence?

Christy September 22, 2013

My designer is having troubles viewing PNG image files while working with the Confluence online site. He's working on a Mac. He sees them just fine in edit or proview mode, but when he saves the changes and views the result, the images aren't showing up. I am working on a windows machine however, and I can see the image files just fine. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christy October 9, 2013

I never got an answer to this question, but I'm answering it because Atlassian keeps prompting me about good housekeeping and karma points. I would "close" this instead, but apparently I don't have enough Karma points yet.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Hi Christy.

Please double check if the images have extensions on their names (eg. png, .jpg). Basically Unix understands an image even if the file does not have an extension, or if this extension is wrong (a jpg with a png extention). Windows do not understand that and will try to interpret the file as it stands on its name.

Hope it helps!

Christy September 23, 2013

Hi Bruna. My designer tells me that all of his images have extensions. The only thing he's noticed is that Confluence seems to want to preview images in the insert image dialog box before inserting them on the page...but the spinning wheel just keeps spinning. He just clicked to insert anyway. Not sure if that means anything here....but thought we'd share it.

Also - he's running on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.5. He says it seems to work slightly better in Firefox...but Safari used to work. Does he need a plug-in refresh or update or something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events